Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE?

Something has happened.
There has been some revolution in my consciousness...in my comprehension of life.

I remember this person who thought that joy and fulfillment came from what could be accomplished and achieved in the eyes of others.  So he was obsessively focused on how to get a career/job that would bring him to joy...or how to get more money...or how to find his PURPOSE and MISSION so that he could experience joy, fulfillment, abundance...

Life was spent believing that certain things would bring joy, and if he couldn't get those things to happen, much time was spent in resentment.  "Hey, world...life...GOD...where's my stuff so that I can be happy???!!!" 

It was a life constantly lived in the future of, "I need this to be happy, and when I get it, I will be so fulfilled!"

But something has happened.

I see that life will never be experienced as only one thing.  There will be pain.  There will be joy.  But where is my attention?

I can experience my joy and fulfillment right NOW.  It is my CHOICE.  Everyday is a new opportunity to seek joy...to allow it...to create it...to acknowledge it...

Every moment...

Up until this point in life, I have never had a clear sense of my purpose because I had been taught to believe that my purpose could only be something BIG in the eyes of others.  Simply enjoying my life was never worthy of being a possibility!  Even now I hear the voices of fear rising up, "Hey, but you have to DO something!  You have to do something worthwhile!  You have to use the God-given talent you have!  Hey, don't be lazy!  What's wrong with you???"

And I sit quietly inside my smile...inside my PEACE...inside my newly won understanding -

THIS IS MY LIFE, AND MY ONLY PURPOSE IS TO ENJOY IT.

What is your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment